The IBM Application Gateway (IAG) provides a containerized secure Web Reverse proxy which is designed to sit in front of your application, seamlessly adding authentication and authorization protection to your application.
At a high level, when starting the IAG container you need to define:
- The identity source for the environment. The container is able to protect applications by acting as an OIDC Relying Party, and protect API's using OAuth token introspection;
- The applications which are to be protected. For each application you might potentially need to define:
- The Web servers which host the application;
- The authorization policy for the application resources;
- Any rate limiting rules to help manage access to the application;
- Any transformations which should take place on either the HTTP request or response.
The specific documentation which will assist in getting you started includes:
Updated 6 months ago