If you are experiencing problems with the IBM Application Gateway (IAG) there are a number of steps which you should follow to help troubleshoot the problem, namely:
The first step is to always review the environment:
- Examine the log of the IAG container for applicable error messages;
- Review the YAML configuration of the IAG container, ensuring that the configuration semantics and logic is correct.
Tracing can be enabled for various components within the software to help debug issues. Tracing can be enabled for things such as authorization decisions, network traffic, authentication logic, etc. Enable the appropriate tracing component, and then examine the generated trace log files to see if this helps you to isolate and solve the problem.
Information on how to enable tracing can be found in the Enabling Tracing page.
Community support is also available for IAG via the Identity and Access Management (IAM) IBM Security community. This is a vibrant community, with members ranging from beginners to industry experts to development team members.
You can search the community for similar issues/answers, or you can create a new discussion thread to seek input from the community regarding your particular issue.
If you are a licensed IBM customer you can request support through the official IBM support channel.
Before raising a support ticket it is critical that you gather the necessary information to enable the support team to understand and troubleshoot your issue. Some of the pieces of information which will be required include:
- Problem Description:
- A clear description of the problem;
- Any steps which can be followed to reproduce the problem;
- IAG specific information:
- IAG version number;
- IAG configuration files;
- IAG log files;
- IAG trace files (enable tracing for the 'pdweb.debug' and 'iag.azn' components and then reproduce the problem to generate the trace files);
- Docker infrastructure information and version (e.g. Kubernetes v1.16 / OpenShift v3.11);
The information can be uploaded to IBM using the instructions contained in the following article: Exchanging information with Technical Support for problem determination.
Updated almost 2 years ago